EDITING DRUM KITS
1. In order to correctly edit and audit drum kits make sure that you select “Program” containing OSC set to DRUM.
2. Click on the “Drum Kits” button and the editor will switch itself and the synth into the “Global Mode”.
3. The DRUM KIT EDIT screen displays the drum kit data that has been loaded from data files. In order to get your present content of drum kits residing in the synth select the Midi window menu and then “Receive Drum Kits”. In the same moment the editor will request drum kit data from the synth and upon receiving it the content of the drum kit will be displayed.
4. There are two options to display the contents of the drum kit located under the View menu.
· The List view displays the list of all 60 drum instruments with their parameters.
· The Control view displays panels with sliders to change parameter values.
5. In the List view, you cannot change single drum parameters but it presents an excellent way to reference, copy, paste, and organize drum instruments especially if you use it in a connection with the Drum Instrument Librarian.
6. To copy and paste single drum instruments, click right mouse button and Edit pop-up menu will appear. You can move drum instruments within a kit using (Exchange 7<> 4). In the example shown in the picture above, drum instrument no. 4 and “001 Rock Kick” will be moved to drum instrument no. 7 and “009 Metal Kick” will be moved to drum instrument no. 4.
7. To audit the selected drum instrument click on the icon .
8. In order to change drum instrument parameters (eg sound, level, transpose) use sliders in the Control view.
9. On the left of the Control view screen the list of assigned drum multisounds is displayed. In order to see other drum instruments you can scroll the horizontal slider and scroll/select instruments on the list.
10. Changing parameter values is done by adjusting the sliders. The description of slider will appear when you place the mouse above it. Selecting different multisounds is done using “Multisound Select” window that appears after clicking on the Multisound label:
11. You can copy and paste single drum instruments in the Control view as in List view by clicking the right mouse button on the Instrument Panel.
12. The drum kit loaded into the editor can be saved as a SINGLE DRUM KIT using the Save As function under the File menu. Single drum kit files are saved with extension *.drk.
13. Loading the *.drk is done by using Load Drum Kit menu. Loaded drum kit is not automatically transferred to the synth. To transfer the loaded drum kit, use the Transmit function located under the Midi menu. 01W has also ROM drum kits. For your convenience, ROM drum kits are supplied with editor setup and you can find them as *.drk files in the Editors folder.